Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 1603
Status: Full time
Schedule: 11:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Under physician/professional nursing supervision, performs a variety of patient care and support duties to assist the clinical staff of the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Laboratory. Participates in quality management and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior. Works under the full supervision of a departmental director/manager or designee who assigns and reviews work for conformance with established policies, procedures, and standards.
• High school graduate and/or GED equivalent.
• Graduation from an accredited or military Surgical Technology Program –OR- six (6) months of experience as an Endoscopy Technician.
• Knowledge of clean and aseptic techniques.
• Knowledge of endoscopy procedures.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to keep records and make reports.
• Ability to input and retrieve data from computer/information systems.
• Ability to meet physical and mental demands of the job.
• Ability to work harmoniously with patients, physicians, supervisors, co-workers, other Medical Center employees, visitors, and the general public.
• Must obtain BLS certification upon start of position and must maintain certification per AHA guidelines.