To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Status: Full time
Schedule: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The Epic Revenue Cycle Trainer designs and implements training programs for revenue cycle workflows including, but not limited to hospital, professional, prelude, and cadence applications; tracks and monitors performance of the revenue cycle functions in order to design and implement such programs. Uses proven methodologies, including needs analysis, to design and develop, implement and evaluate system training. Responsible for identifying, communicating, and participating in the resolution of operational deficiencies that impact revenue cycle workflows. Establishes positive relationships with administrators and providers as well as revenue cycle department team members and administers education surveys to confirm understanding of material. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the medical center’s courtesy performance standards.
Works under the general supervision of the Sr. Director / Directors of Hospital and Professional Billing Services/SBO.
• Associates degree in Business, Healthcare, Education, or related field is required; healthcare-related field/degree is preferred
• Two (2) years of revenue cycle experience in either a physician practice or hospital setting that specifically provided working knowledge of front end as well as back end processes and workflows (Additional experience as described above may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis)
• Ability to develop and deliver professional level training aides and conduct effective training sessions in either a group or individual setting
• Demonstrates knowledge of Hospital and Professional billing processes and reimbursement
• Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding and current rules and regulations regarding reimbursement and billing compliance
• Self-directed with minimal supervision and ability to work in a changing environment with changing priorities while require to meet demanding deadlines
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) with the ability to create and manipulate documents/reports
• Ability to utilize resources to learn and breakdown unknown workflows to develop a teaching curriculum; learns quickly and is self-taught when necessary
• Ability to facilitate a congenial and professional working relationship with internal and external vendors, internal and external customers, peers and superiors.
• Possesses efficient time-management skills and proven ability to multitask under tight deadlines
• Demonstrates excellent leadership, conflict-resolution, and customer service skills
• Exceptional written, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong comfort level with technology and software in general with proficiency in standard business software and devices
• Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
ADDITIONAL NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS:
• Must obtain Epic Credentialed Trainer status within 6 months of employment. Failure to obtain credentialed trainer status within six (6) months shall result in the employee’s termination
• Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle to travel off-site as needed for training and customer service
PREFERRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Certification in billing, coding, or reimbursement through a nationally accredited organization (AMBA, AAPC, AHIMA)
• Epic certification and/or badge in HB/PB Epic Resolute, Epic Cadence/Prelude, and/or other revenue cycle related applications