Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 1603
Status: Part time
Schedule: 4:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Under general supervision but following standard procedures, is responsible for drawing blood samples from in-patients and outpatients and transporting specimens to the laboratory for tests and analysis. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
Works under the direction of the Administrative Director of Clinical Laboratory or designee, or an employee of higher classification who reviews work for conformance with established policies and procedures.
• Education equivalent to the completion of high school. Courses in Chemistry and Biology preferred.
• Successful completion of an approved in-service training program in basic phlebotomy - OR - completion of a Phlebotomy Technician certificate.
• Six (6) months experience in blood collection - OR - successful completion of an externship program.
• Manual dexterity and ability to learn techniques of the position.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees, patients, physicians and the public.