Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 2056
Status: Full time
Provides general medical assistance to physicians in an office or clinical setting and carries out clerical, billing, and processing functions of assigned work area. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
Works under the clinical supervision of a physician and administratively under an employee of higher grade who reviews work for conformance with policies and procedures.
• High school graduate and/or GED equivalent.
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program and eligible to sit for certification exam.
• Ability to type accurately on forms, lists, and so forth.
• Ability to understand and execute both oral and written orders.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in written formats.
• Ability to maintain required records.
• Ability to establish and maintain a positive relationship with patients, physicians, and other Medical Center staff.
• Must obtain BLS certification upon start of position and must maintain certification per AHA guidelines.
Necessary Special Requirements:
• Must obtain certification within one year from date of appointment. Failure to become certified within the designated time period will result in the employee’s termination.