Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 2056
Status: Per diem
Sets up equipment and monitors studies of patient organs and body areas on imaging and counting device as directed by a physician or professional employee of higher level. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients. Practices ALARA techniques. Performs laboratory studies on body fluids and excretions of radioactive tracer substance as needed. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
Works under the administrative and technical supervision of a Nuclear Medicine Supervisor or designee and the medical supervision of the Medical Director of Nuclear Medicine who review work for the conformance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
• Completion of a recognized education program in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
• Working knowledge of imaging and counting devices.
• Knowledge of human anatomy as related to Nuclear Medicine.
• Knowledge of hazards of radioactive isotopes and precautions necessary in handling them.
• Ability to maintain records and files.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with patients and their families, Medical Center physicians and staff, external agencies and the general public.