Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Local 1603
Status: Full time
Schedule: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Under general supervision, is responsible for accurate and timely billing of all charge sessions for physician professional services to all third party payers and patient self-pay accounts. This includes reviewing the charge sessions / encounters, entry of charges into the accounts receivable system, corrections to third party claims, as needed, to ensure timely reimbursement for physician professional fees. Performs follow-up on aged receivables to determine cause of delayed payment and performs all necessary actions to resolve outstanding balance. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
Works under the supervision of a departmental director or designee who reviews work for accuracy and conformance to standard procedures.
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school.
• Six (6) months of experience in physician billing to third party payers or successful completion of a medical insurance specialist certificate program from an accredited college or university including each of the following: CPT coding, ICD coding, medical terminology and anatomy.
• Knowledge of billing procedures for third party payers.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, procedure coding, diagnosis coding and appropriate modifier usage.
• Ability to type accurately on forms.
• Ability to use 10 key adding machine, computer, calculator, and other standard office equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to conform to departmental performance standards.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, superiors, co-workers, other Medical Center employees, patients, third party payers and the general public.