Multiple positions for this title available.
Please visit https://www.hurleymc.com/careers/ to apply!
To be considered for this position you must fill out a COMPLETE application. Any applications not completed in full and properly submitted will disqualify you from consideration.
Union: Non Union
Status: Full time
Coordinates clinical patient services and provides efficient resource utilization to assure optimal clinical quality outcomes by assessing, planning, and implementing patient care plans, including family psychosocial and discharge planning needs. Serves as a liaison with community resources. Participates in quality assessment and continuous quality improvement activities. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior.
Works under the general direction of a departmental director, departmental supervisor, or designee who reviews work primarily through conferences and reports. Position requires a self-directed approach to performing responsibilities and duties. May supervise other professional social work staff, such as master and bachelor social work interns and volunteer staff.
• Master's degree in Social Work from a college or university accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
• One (1) year of post graduate experience as a social worker.
- Two full semesters of Social Work Case Management internship work with Hurley Medical Center would substitute for one (1) year of post graduate experience.
- Prior relevant Social Work experience may be considered.
• One (1) year of post graduate experience as a social worker in an acute care facility preferred.
• Current knowledge of governing regulations, third party payor utilization, quality mandates, reimbursement requirements and standards associated with medical case management.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and organize work while maintaining flexibility.
• Ability to effectively function under pressure and during stressful situations.
• Ability to compile, analyze, and evaluate data and prepare accurate reports from such data.
• Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written modes.
• Ability to walk from unit to unit.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, harmonious working relationships with patients and their families, physicians and staff, external agencies and the public.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
• Licensed as a Social Worker through the State of Michigan.
Twanika L. Dillard